• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Important!: Can somebody track you down through the net w/o any info but IP?

Reaction score
I'm getting threats on another forum by a person who thinks they known where I live, I've gotten PM's from them with info they thought was mine(it wasnt) to try to scare me, my point is he knows I have Comcast so far and he might know my Ip is there a way for this guy to track down my info using this?

Reaction score
Yeah. You can track an IP no problem.
Get his IP and get him first LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can get a general vicinity, but nothing useful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Unplug your cable modem's power cord and cable wire for a while (hours - mabye while you sleep). That should release the IP and you'll get a new one when you plug it back in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Don't make crazy people mad on the internet. Not worth it :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.