Imovie on Imac 333 mhz - is it possible?

S

semiauto

Please help,
I have an older Imac 333 mhz with a cd tray and 6 gig hd.
is it possible to run imovie on this system - I have an imovie 1.0 original cd and it says that this program cannot run on this machine.

Thanks for your time
peace :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
semiauto said:
Please help,
I have an older Imac 333 mhz with a cd tray and 6 gig hd.
is it possible to run imovie on this system - I have an imovie 1.0 original cd and it says that this program cannot run on this machine.

Thanks for your time
peace :confused:

I'll give it a try later today on my G3 AIO and let you know what happens. What OS are you running, and how much RAM?

OP
B

Badger

I use iMovie 2 on a 333hz iMac with OS 9.2.2. I'm not sure what the OS requirements are but I think 9.1 is the minimum.
Badger

OP
S

semiauto

thanks for the quick replies- I have a os 9.2.2 - i do not have a firewire port on this machine though and am wondering if thats necessary.

also the imovie version is 1.0 - original cd

i think i have like 300+ mgs of ram - 333 mhz

thanks again

OP
B

Badger

Firewire is not necessary. Since your iMac is the same model & specs as mine it should run iMovie. The only issue I can see is that the iMovie CD may have been original to a different model, like a 400 DV, and the installer won't recognize your 333mhz model.
Badger

OP
S

semiauto

youve hit the nail on target!
the installer cd is an original from an apple imac dv 400 model -
is there any way to work around this issue?
or better yet where can i find imovie 2 possibly for my 333 mhz imac
thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.