iMic

K

Kananigirl

My brother just ordered his 12" ibook today! He wanted to know what everyone thinks about the iMic is it any good or invest in something better? He is looking to convert tapes to cd. Do some things in Garageband as well.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have an iMic and it works every well. The are more expensive solutions out there, but I think the iMic will suit his needs just fine.

I have use it to get sound in to my powerbook off a mixing board.

OP
C

Chamorro

Don't forget that more expensive solutions (Starting at ~$70US)will probably have more input/output options (including Dolby Digital Decoding and other home-theater-type features), MIDI capability and their own power supply.

OP
K

Kananigirl

Thanks! He wanted to know which others are good? He's looking around online for reviews.

OP
T

TylerMoney

If he wants to do things in garage band, such as record live instruments and vocals...there are several things...the one I'm looking at getting, is a bit expensive, but it's really nice. It's the us-122, I beleive made by tascan. It's got two audio in's, two out's, a mic in, and a midi input. It hooks up by usb. It's about 200 bucks though...but real good for amature recording.

OP
K

Kananigirl

Tascam us-122

TylerMoney said:
If he wants to do things in garage band, such as record live instruments and vocals...there are several things...the one I'm looking at getting, is a bit expensive, but it's really nice. It's the us-122, I beleive made by tascan. It's got two audio in's, two out's, a mic in, and a midi input. It hooks up by usb. It's about 200 bucks though...but real good for amature recording.

Ooooooh is it this one? I will mention it to my brother. My sister wanted to check out USB Audio/MIDI Interface to maybe get later.

OP
C

Chamorro

Check out some Edirol (mfrd. by Roland) too, they're a little more expensive, but I've heard good reviews on them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.