“IMG_0367.tiff” can’t be renamed right now because another operation is in progress, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Trash.

jbweers

Reaction score
Hey, I've got a large photo file. Trying to apply tags and rename photos individually . Seems I can only finish tagging like 50 then when i go to rename each the laptop fan starts running loud and i get the error message, "

“IMG_0367.tiff” can’t be renamed right now because another operation is in progress, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Trash.

Then I have to wait maybe an hour to do another batch. Really slows me down. Can this be avoided? I have the edited pics in Photos, export a 50ish batch to folder in Finder where I proceed to try and tag and rename. Maybe I should do the tagging and renaming within Photos and then export the finished files? Does it make a difference where I do this tagging and renaming??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
How much space is left on your hard drive when you start?

OP
J

jbweers

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply. I solved the problem! it apparently does make a difference where you do any tagging or renaming... I'm now doing it all within Photos. So much easier and faster and laptop is much happier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.