Image Problems

Reaction score
I tried this over in Switchers Hangout since I'm new to Mac. Didn't get any nibbles, so I'll try here.

I'm not sure where to put this. Images & Graphics didn't seem to be quite the right place & since I'm fairly new here..... I've tried doing a search but can't find what I need. I even read the manuals LOL & searched online.

So here is my problem: I'm saving smileys to my computer & then trying to download them to yuku & forum provider. I can save images to a picture file but in the pic file all that shows is the image code. I can save to my docket in a special pic folder & it shows the images but I can't transfer them to yuku using their download program. So I have been having to go back & use my Windows computer at work to download smileys to my images on yuku. Now I could save everything to photobucket & then download from there, but I'm determined to figure this out.

Hopefully I'm making myself clear.

Ginny

Reaction score
How are you downloading these smileys?
If you're right-clicking them and selecting "Save image as..." you should get an animated .gif file. You should be able to upload this to a forum or whatever.

Where exactly are you getting these from? Are these download links or what?
What are you using to view the files?

OP
G
Reaction score
I am right clicking & saving image. I save it to a picture file under images. When I want to see them I use Finder to bring up the picture file. But all of them are in in links form. Unless I rename them I don't know what they are since I can't see them when I'm trying to download them to yuku albums. If I want to see the images I have downloaded them to a file for pics I have on my dock. BUT I can't download them to yuku from there.

I am actually quite confused by all this. I know I'm suppose to stop thinking windows, but it was a lot easier to save to my picture file there & then retrieve them for downloads to other places. Everything came out looking like the image I saved in my windows picture file.

This has been so frustrating to me & wouldn't be a problem but yuku somehow messed up my image album where I had stored all my images at yuku. Now I have to retrieve all these images from various places & I'm talking around 500 + images. I use them for a board I administer there. Some of the images are photos & some are smiley type icons. It is the smiley type icons I'm having the most trouble with.

Ginny

Reaction score
I don't know what yuku is but to save an image on a Mac from a webpage just drag it to the desktop and drop or Right click on a blank spot on the desktop and make a new folder and drag the Smileys into it. :)

Reaction score
I sometimes get saved images with a name that looks like a URL. If you KNOW what kind of image it is, try changing the extension.
For example change "dog-laughing.htm" to "dog-laughing.gif" and see what happens.
You can always change it back if it doesn't work.
Note: The Finder will ask if you really want to change it...just click yes.

OP
G
Reaction score
Okay I'll give it a try Cradom. That should help with a lot of my images from my desktop....I hope it works.

& Pomeroy, yuku is a social community. There are forums (like this one) & profiles (similar to facebook) for interacting within the community. I have tried dragging them to my desktop & making a folder. That is wonderful for being able to see the images, but when I try to get them into my yuku album using their down loader device I can't get it in without a url. I have tried dragging the image to the down loader & it looks like it will work, but the images turn up blank in my albums.

Thanks to both of you.

Ginny

OP
G
Reaction score
Well that doesn't do the trick. They are all gif. I can't copy & past the code & put it in the yuku downloader....Guess I'm going to have to use photobucket for this.

Ginny

Reaction score
It sounds like this yuku expects a URL for pics and can't get them from your computer like Facebook can.
So yes, you will need to use Photobucket or Flickr or some other pic site.

OP
G
Reaction score
That is about the size of it. I need the URL (but not for all of them if what happened next is any indication).

I did finally get my photos to download to my desktop with the gif. attachment & then loaded into the yuku downloader & they up loaded. I then deposited them on my file I have on my dock.....As to how that happened...I haven't a clue. It wasn't working before. Then for some reason my Mac froze ( maybe cuz I was no talking nicely to it???) & I had to shut it down. After that the saving to desktop etc. worked. I have no idea what happened.

Ginny

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.