Imac quad core vs custom pc.

Reaction score
So I been looking around and i am not sure if I need anything else than the new Imac quad core.

I have a question will:

ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB

Will this card run games at a good fps rate?

For mainly basic photoshop editing, small video rendering, encoding videos and so on. Simple stuff, will this system be more than enough?

# 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
# 8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x2GB
# 1TB Serial ATA Drive
# ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB
# 8x double-layer SuperDrive

I am pretty sure it should be enough. I just want to make sure i can run 125 fps.

Are this systems 120mhzs or 60mhz?

Thanks for the help.

Another Question

can you run a G9 Logitech Mouse on the this Imac?

I know i can run the settings on the storage inside the mouse. Will Imac recognize all the buttons?

Is there a latent response from a wireless keyboard in a fps shooter game online such as quakelive?

Thanks again

Sorry for the noob questions.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The iMac should be able to do everything you want to with it and a lot more.

What does "Are this systems 120 mhzs or 60mhz?" mean? You mean the LCD? It's most likely a 60hz refresh rate..as opposed to some of the new LCD TV's that are at 120hz or 240 hz..

Regards

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If gaming is a top priority, a custom-built PC is a much better choice.

Sure, the iMac has a decent video card, but it's not interchangeable - and of course, most games are made for Windows and although you can run Windows on your Mac to play them, ultimately a custom PC is going to be more flexible for the long run.

OP
A
Reaction score
Only Game is am really playing its Quakelive.com

was looking at http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ computers but they are very expensive and I have no idea. The quality seems to be there from all the videos and so on, but i have no prior experience. Will this systems be good for work? in relations to adobe programs and so on?

Is a gaming system such as http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ black ops similar to a Mac Pro?"

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
They're really not in the same category. The Mac Pro doesn't support SLI/CrossFire, so you can't do multiple video cards as you could on a decent gaming rig. The Mac Pro would be ideal for videography, image processing, 3D modeling, but it's decidedly not a gaming box.

Really, in my opinion, the best option would be to build it yourself. If you're the least bit handy, it's not terribly complicated and can be very rewarding (and cost saving too).

Digital Storm makes some very highly rated boutique gaming PCs, but so do some of the mainstream PC manufacturers like Dell (owns Alienware) and HP (owns Voodoo) and often at more competitive prices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.