• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iMac Pro discontinued

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra

Well I am not surprised. I never could see the justification for paying such a high price for the iMac Pro and end up with no internal expandability or ability to easily modify. You can get a very nice and powerful iMac that will do an excellent job for your professional graphic designer or average video projects. If you need real power the Mac Pro is the way to go. Expandable and powerful with multiple monitor capacity. Yes, expensive but for the professional the Mac Pro is way to go - not the iMac Pro - IMO.

According to the article Apple will sell out their current stock. I wonder if they will offer discounts?

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you look at the Refurbished and Clearance online?

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I did and IMO and FWIW - they are not discounted much currently.

I always wondered why Apple came out with them. To me the iMac line hit the sweet spot for the home owner and could be upgraded to meet the demands of the pro user too. I always believed they created the iMac Pro to hold over the Mac Pro users and keep them hanging until they came out with the new Mac Pro. For me that it was a waste of money. But that is my 2 cents.

Lisa

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I guess no one is checking what has already been reported....

We have already posted this information in the Apple Desktops forum. Please check before posting a duplicate.

However, we will go ahead and delete the post in the Desktops Forum and let this stay.

Thanks for posting it Lisa.

Charlie

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry! I missed that. :eek:

Lisa

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Like I said in the other thread....

The iMac Pro has been a big bust for Apple. And the overly expensive stand didn't exactly help either.

Plus the fact that you could not upgrade memory by yourself. Apple had to do it. $$$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I just wish I could have had the non-Pro iMac in Space Gray... to match my mouse, keyboard, and MacBook.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just wish I could have had the non-Pro iMac in Space Gray... to match my mouse, keyboard, and MacBook.

Hang on for a bit. Rumor has it that the new silicon iMac will come in 5 colors. How's that for going back to the days when Apple sold colorful machines? It's just a rumor though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hang on for a bit. Rumor has it that the new silicon iMac will come in 5 colors. How's that for going back to the days when Apple sold colorful machines? It's just a rumor though.

I’m sure it’s a real possibility. It’ll be several years though before I’ll replace this one. It’ll be interesting to see where the hardware is by then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.