• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iMac G5 (real one)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I definetley like this new iMac.

For 1299 - 17" Widescreen....and a G5!!!!!!

The prices on these machines are spectacular, and the design is brilliant.

It may not look as good as the older iMacs, but keep in mind it's got a G5 processor....and take another look at how big the PM G5s are....

Now what do you think of the iMac g5?....I thought so :p

V

VastDeathmaster

It looks like a Laptop on a picture stand. I agree, I like the iLamp better.

OP
MAC-simus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
well I'm not happy with design eather, but it's guts are great for the price...
anyway I want to take a closer look at one with my own eyes. maybe its better looking than the picture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I think I like the older iMac's design best.. man that thing is kewl! :)

I

Icarus

this new one looks TERRRIBLE!
where are the curves?
where's the sexiness?
where's the beauty?
in the old one, that's where.

I

iSheep

imacg5_paris.jpg

http://www.gizmodo.com/

It's brillaint. I love it.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I like it. It is using even less desktop space. I may have to get one for the wife.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 1.33 ! 60 gig/external 250gig.
I'm going to have a clearance sale of everything I own.... I dunno if i had the money i would totally go for one of those.

R

Ryanstech

I like it also, the one cable, clean look. The only complaint I have with it is I was hoping they would use the aluminum like the G5 and the cinema displays for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It's okay. Nice and simple, takes up very little space. Reminds me of the old compact Macs. Wish the display was as adjustable as it was on the G4 iMacs.

Wish the system bus was faster. A G5/1.8GHz on a 600MHz bus is quite good, but it won't catch up with the Power Macs.

But I'd buy one, if I needed a desktop.

F

fabio

Ryanstech said:
I like it also, the one cable, clean look. The only complaint I have with it is I was hoping they would use the aluminum like the G5 and the cinema displays for it.

no, not possible.

thy??

i xxx -> white plastic
power xxx -> aluminium.

examples:

powermac, powerbook, ibook, imac, ipod, usw.

P

PinkPhishDoors

fabio said:
no, not possible.

thy??

i xxx -> white plastic
power xxx -> aluminium.

examples:

powermac, powerbook, ibook, imac, ipod, usw.

True, it was stated in another thread that aluminium is for the pros and white is for the people at home.

I also think the design is a little ugly, with all of that white space at the bottom, but i am going to get to see it the next time i head by the apple store.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The big space at the bottom is for your post it notes.

N

Nightblade

Come on, this uses less space than any desktop computer made by Apple ever, and possibly even less space than any desktop computer ever made. And when you consider how much space a PowerMac G5 and a monitor takes up, it's pretty remarkable, especially considering the fact that when the 2.5 GHz PowerMac came out the Apple technicians said that they hadn't been able to start on a notebook G5 due to technical problems of making a compact G5 machine. Not only did they succeed with this new baby, but they made it more compact than ever! By the looks of it, it probably has a smaller mass than any other desktop computer ever made! Some laptop computers probably have a greater mass than the iMac G5. Making a notebook G5 now should be a piece of cake! :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think making aG5 powerbook or iBook is a piece of cake as of yet. I think Apple is working reducing the power that the G5 needs. So that the laptops can maintain the same battery life as the current line has.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
You all know how much I hate Macs due to my experiences. Well...

Absolut3ly Zero (7:52:08 PM): INNOVATIVE
this is a major breakthrough
am i being a fanboy?
>_<
beret9987 (7:53:11 PM): yes

T

TylerMoney

I like the new iMac a lot. It doesn't swivel, but it rocks my world..with that g5 and all.

- side note: I read that they're working on a new dual processing g4 powerbook before they go to the g4...mainly due to the lack of available g5 chips available at the moment...that could be wicked freaking awesome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.