iMac G5 And No Clue What To Do!!!

Reaction score
Chaps & Chapesses,
A little help would be greatly appreciated. I'v just been given a G5 iSight as it was playing up for a friend. It switches on and the white LED comes on at the front. that's it.........Nothing else. Unfortunately this is the 1st mac I've ever seen!

Any ideas?

I bow to your superior knowledge!!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Chaps & Chapesses,
A little help would be greatly appreciated. I'v just been given a G5 iSight as it was playing up for a friend. It switches on and the white LED comes on at the front. that's it.........Nothing else. Unfortunately this is the 1st mac I've ever seen!

Any ideas?

I bow to your superior knowledge!!!!

How long have you waited with the LED showing white? Sometimes they take up to 30 seconds then the LED will dim.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Power it on and immediately hold Option, Apple, P, and R all at the same time and wait till it chimes a second time. That might cure it.
(That was resetting the PRAM.) I know there was a link above it is easier to just read here.
Bryan

OP
N
Reaction score
Ok then, if nothing else I'm learning.........Well thats what I keep telling myself!

So I the PRAM, at least I think I did as it seemed to have no real effect. White LED still came on, but that was it.

I then tried resetting the SMU.......... Now I don't get the LED on the front at all, but an internal fan appears to be going very hard, but still nothing else......:Grimmace:

Over to you! Thanks again guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Try taking out and reseating the memory stick(s).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.