imac freezes after startup ...help me!

C

chris041067

i changed my startup disk to OS9 and then restarted the computer...and then it started as usual in OS9 ...when the desktop showed up, the whole thing froze, but the mouse pointer can still move. I tried restarting it, and turning off the extensions, but nothing seems to work. If it helps any, i just put in an airport card, but that wont work either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Using your System cd run Disk First Aid against your "bad" startup volume. Also, if you have access to Norton's Disk Doctor run it as well.

If no luck then reinstall OS 9.

OP
C

chris041067

immdb said:
Using your System cd run Disk First Aid against your "bad" startup volume. Also, if you have access to Norton's Disk Doctor run it as well.

If no luck then reinstall OS 9.

no no no the whole thing freezes up no matter what i do... even when i start from the cd. It will show the little smiling apple then stops on a blank screen.

OP
J

jerodhusvar

chris041067 said:
no no no the whole thing freezes up no matter what i do... even when i start from the cd. It will show the little smiling apple then stops on a blank screen.

Take the airport card out and try rebooting.

Jerod

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.