imac does not get ip address from aiport express after yosemite upgrade

Reaction score
Hi there,

i just got myself around updating my imac to yosemite and now my computer does not obtain an ip address from my airport express. it sees the airport express but does not get an ip. when i go to the assistant it asks me to turn off the airport express and restart it. then the computer can get the ip address and works again. however, if i put the desktop to sleep, upon waking it up the same problem appears: it cannot get the ip from the airport express.

I have 2 other computers (macbooks) running yosemite and an ipad, i also have an android phone and these devices have no problem with the aiport express. so the problem is something that got modified/didn't get modified in this particular desktop during the upgrade to yosemite.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you very much in advance.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
when i go to the assistant it asks me to turn off the airport express and restart it. then the computer can get the ip address and works again. however, if i put the desktop to sleep, upon waking it up the same problem appears: it cannot get the ip from the airport express.
I see that you've tried one thing (putting it to sleep) but didn't necessarily do what the assistant notes. Did you try rebooting the AE?

OP
M
Reaction score
yes, i've tried that. i also tried deleting the preference and network configuration files and creating a new wi-fi network location

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are still some connection problems with Yosemite even after the 10.10.2 update. Not all Macs are affected. Yosemite 10.10.3 is currently in beta and is being tested. Wait for that update to see if it fixes your connection problem. In the meantime you'll just have to do an AE reset after waking the iMac. Or, connect the iMac via ethernet if possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.