iMac Bluetooth doesn't recognise Sennhauser Momentum wireless headphones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I've looked in the manual (digital) and it looks as if these are only designed to pair with smart phones and tablets. Certainly bluetooth isn't recognising the headphones when they are switch on.

Is this correct?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Alwyn. Thanks for posting.

From their website, the following comments imply this is for Smartphones and similar devices:

1. Immediate pairing to smart devices using NFC connectivity

2. Comes with an attachable audio cable for use in environments where Bluetooth® connectivity is not permitted

Sorry about that:)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I've looked in the manual (digital) and it looks as if these are only designed to pair with smart phones and tablets. Certainly bluetooth isn't recognising the headphones when they are switch on.

Is this correct?

Hi Alwyn - I use some Sennheiser wireless 'over the ear' headphones (2.4 GHz) for my den stereo, so I assume that is the brand? Are the 'earbuds' below the ones in question? Visited their website and found a Q&A question (2nd pic) - might this issue apply? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 9.45.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 9.44.43 AM.png

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I use a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2 (Sennheiser MOMENTUM wireless Headphones with integrated microphone) with my Macbook Pro, iPhone, Mac Mini and it all works fine.

Sennheiser using "Momentum" has a brand that covers MANY different variations of their headphones, please provide SPECIFIC details of which ones you are referring to.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Last edited:

krs

Reaction score

Is this correct?

AFAIK, Bluetooth is Bluetooth is Bluetooth. It's not device dependant.
There is no special Bluetooth for smart phones and some different Bluetooth for the Mac.
The M2 EABT headphones do support Bluetooth according to the manual so this should work if the setup procedure is followed.

NFC (Near Field Communication) as mentioned in post #2 is a different type of wireless connectivity.
That one is not supported by the Mac - wouldn't make any sense for the Mac to support that since the range is very limited, 4 cm or 1 1/2 inches per the Wiki.

The M2 EABT headphones support both, Bluetooth and NFC.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those are exactly the headphones I have, mine are white and they work fine with all devices I've connected it to over Bluetooth.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those are exactly the headphones I have, mine are white and they work fine with all devices I've connected it to over Bluetooth.

I'm still having no luck. In Settings/Bluetooth my mouse, keyboard and iPhone are all showing up as connected. In Settings/Network Bluetooth PAN and Bluetooth DUN 2 appear with a self-assigned IP for the former and Not Connected for the latter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Are the headphones paired with another device? Maybe when you turn them on, they connect to that device?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Press the power button and hold it down until it says "Pairing" and it should appear in the Bluetooth dialog. Your Mac doesn't have NFC, so don't bother with the Network settings, that is unrelated.

Once paired, you need only turn it on with a shorter press of the power button to have it come on and say "Connected" if I remember correctly (have too many BT devices that do different things).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 2017
hold the shift option keys and click the Bluetooth icon>Debug> try a reset

If that does kick start it, try the following solutions:

- Press and hold the power button until the LED flashes red and blue, and the voice prompt says "pairing."

- To clear previous pairings from the headset, follow the instructions above to put the unit into pairing mode. While keeping the Bluetooth button pressed, hold in the multifunction button until the LED flashes purple 3 times and the unit goes back into pairing mode.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Press the power button and hold it down until it says "Pairing" and it should appear in the Bluetooth dialog. Your Mac doesn't have NFC, so don't bother with the Network settings, that is unrelated.

Once paired, you need only turn it on with a shorter press of the power button to have it come on and say "Connected" if I remember correctly (have too many BT devices that do different things).
Yes, thanks belatedly for that. In fact a search for 'pairing' in the manual does have the instructions and it now works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.