imac 8.6 Browser

Reaction score
Is there a browser out there for 8.6 that will install the latest flash player.
Someone gave me an old imac and kids love it except the flash player issue.
The only browser I have on it is netscape 7 and it will not update the flash player.
I cannot find any browsers through googling that will support 8.6 and I cannot afford to upgrade the OS to a newer version.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
You can update netscape to 7.2 or so you just can't get into 10 versions.
Theres Opera 6.03 and Mozilla and Icab browsers.Go to the flash player site for up dates or a site that uses Flash you can update there also.

Reaction score
I use a third-party Mozilla browser when I run System 9. It also runs in System 8.6.

It's a build by WaMCom and based on Mozilla Version 1.2.1. But it has security patches that were included in the last official Mozilla suite for the old platform, Version 1.4, that Mozilla abandoned.

This is the download page, but here's the direct download link.

I use it because it can be pipelined — tweaked to speed it up — and I've added a few extensions that were were written for Firefox but that also work in the old WaMCom, including Adblock, SmoothWheel and Mouse Gestures.

The most recent version of the Flash plugin I could find and use is Shockwave Flash NP-PPC version7.0r69. Do a Get Info on any Flash plugins in your machine and check to see whether yours is older.

Flash has been taken over by Adobe, so it can be found on the Adobe site. It works for the most part, certainly at YouTube and most popular sites.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.