imac 27"

Reaction score
would it be advisable to buy a 27" now since they have been having some flicker problems. or is it better to wait. when do they expect to have the problem fixed.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There have been, so far, 2 firmware updates to fix the flicker issues. Delays on the production line to hopefully correct any hardware panel issues related to the yellowing of screens, but that hasn't been confirmed.

The latest reports say that the delay on the 27" has come down from 3 weeks to 2 weeks..and Apple's story is that the demand is too high for these.

There are lots of people who've bought the 27" iMac and have had no issues, while others who are on their 3rd iMac waiting for it to work. The latest change with the replacements however is that Apple has instructed their support team not to just keep replacing the iMac's in hopes that the new one will work..they're actually suggesting customer return the iMac for a refund..

So YMMV..

Regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
would it be advisable to buy a 27" now since they have been having some flicker problems. or is it better to wait. when do they expect to have the problem fixed.

In light of the ongoing problems, it makes sense to wait. I wouldn't want to spend $2000 on a machine that didn't meet my expectations plus have to deal with possibly returning it. It'll sort out in the near future. Apple has too much invested in not only the machine itself but also its own reputation.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the help. i am going to wait. you're right. $2000 to possibly wind up with headaches is not worth it right now. thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 2013 iMac 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4X8GB / 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel core i7 / 1TB flash storage
I had the flicker problem on mine, which I purchased online the day after Christmas. I was about fed up with the flicker problem just when the update was released and the problem is now totally resolved. I couldn't be happier. Love my 27" i-7!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.