I'm stumped...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Intel MacBook 2GHZ Core2Duo, 2 GB Ram
I've searched and searched and I can't seem to find the complete answer. I have movies and TV Shows in an External Drive that I want to watch in Front Row. I've made alias folders for my movies to show up in the "Movies" directory and that works fine, (short of front row parcing them...ha ha). How...HOW do I get my TV shows into the "TV shows" directory? I don't know if this is an itunes thing and if so where is the directory and does it support the alias folder option?

Thanks Again!
:eek:neye: :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Have you tired the advanced tab under iTunes preferences, and selecting where the movies files are?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've looked at it and it's just to re-direct the itunes directory, nothing about the directory for the TV shows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think you'll be able to get your TV shows to go anywhere but the movies section. That section is for purchased movies as well as home movies, but as far as I know the TV shows section is only for TV shows purchased through iTunes. It's not designed with the intent of people copying movies and TV shows that are not purchased through Apple, but they can't ignore the fact that people make home movies and want them incorporated into iTunes. That's why you can add movies, but not TV shows.

Reaction score
You should just be able to place an Alias in the Movie folder that points to your external drive. Is your external drive formatted some DOS format or Mac Extended?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think you'll be able to get your TV shows to go anywhere but the movies section. That section is for purchased movies as well as home movies, but as far as I know the TV shows section is only for TV shows purchased through iTunes. It's not designed with the intent of people copying movies and TV shows that are not purchased through Apple, but they can't ignore the fact that people make home movies and want them incorporated into iTunes. That's why you can add movies, but not TV shows.

Yeah I figured that. :-( It's just when I want to watch more than 1 episode in the movies section it doesn't play the next episode. It goes back to the root of the tv shows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Check the tag for the file in iTunes. Perhaps there's an option like for Genre of music, but for type of content, ie. video, movie, tv show, etc.

Reaction score

i do, you just have to tell itunes if its a tv show or a movie under "get info"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.