I'm selling my G5 Dual crapper

H

h3o

Guest
I've decided to sell my G5 2ghz Dual **** machine (having problems) and get the top end G4 powerbook instead. The problem is... I'm moving to Australia in June of 2004 (so I want to make my buy before I go) and am not sure if I should sell my G5 and buy the powerbook now... or wait till June because maybe:

a: the G5 powerbook will come out
b: the G4 powerbooks will for some reason get cheaper or get upgraded

Has anyone heard anything?
 
OP
S

Shakermaker

Guest
h3o said:
I've decided to sell my G5 2ghz Dual **** machine (having problems) and get the top end G4 powerbook instead. The problem is... I'm moving to Australia in June of 2004 (so I want to make my buy before I go) and am not sure if I should sell my G5 and buy the powerbook now... or wait till June because maybe:

a: the G5 powerbook will come out
b: the G4 powerbooks will for some reason get cheaper or get upgraded

Has anyone heard anything?

Are you trading it in or selling it outright...

*interested*
 
OP
W

WilliS

Guest
uh... why would you sell your G5 and buy a G5 laptop...

1) whats your problem with the G5?...because if its "too many problems with the first edition G5's" your still gonna have the same problems with first edition G5 powerbooks....

what is "having problems" ? lol... when i got my G5, (i was on back order since june of 03..so i know what first edition problems are like) it worked great...i installed something, and it went haywire... every key i pressed made the cd rom drive shoot out....i called apple, they had no clue lol... i just ended up formatting and reinstalling everything... .and my uptime has been a few months now lol...it works great
 

rman


Retired Staff
Joined
Dec 24, 2002
Messages
12,637
Reaction score
168
Points
63
Location
Los Angeles, California
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What are all the problems, that is forcing you to sell it?
 
OP
M

matt151617

Guest
I got my g5 last month, and a week later, it wouldnt turn on. i called apple, and they didnt know what to do, so i sent it to a store, and turnes out the lower processor had somthing wrong with it. i dont see how you would wont to sell it.
 
OP
H

h3o

Guest
DualG5Lova, I'm not selling and buying a G5 laptop... they're not even out yet. I'm going to sell it and buy a G4 laptop, the 17" w/super drive. Why am I selling it? Well for one, the **** thing has problems doing the most expected of tasks: turning on. 2) I've had 2 G4's before (1st and 2nd generation) and never had problems with them. 3) I'm taking a 2.5 year (work and pleasure) round-the-world trip starting June 04 and a notebook would suit me better.
 

rman


Retired Staff
Joined
Dec 24, 2002
Messages
12,637
Reaction score
168
Points
63
Location
Los Angeles, California
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Selling the hardware and downing, I know is what you have deceided to do. But have you tried everything to get the hardware working again? Because a;; you have said, you are having start up problem, and you are selling it. Is the problem hardware or software?
 

Shop Amazon


Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Top