I'm Glad I Switched

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16ghz, 1gb Ram, 120gb Hdd|iBook- 800mhz, 512Ram, 30gb HDD
Hey There

First post on these forums, and it won't really offer that much, but just wanted to say I'm glad I switched

Working at a company that uses Windows PC for the whole organisation, I didn't think having a mac would fit in with my work and life together. I was so wrong! I love my mac, it fits in with my hobbies much better than a PC laptop (I'm in a touring band, and I also make short films) and I can even do all my work on it (we use Citrix at work, and I find it runs better on my Mac than my PC Laptop)

Basically my friends think I've turned to the dark side, but I think in a few years Mac will seriously be a HUGE contender!

Well I'm sure they are in the states, but here in Australia, I'm the only person I know in my group that has one, they aren't very prominant with home users, but I feel this will change in the next few years

Anyways, I hopefully will be able to contribute to this site in the future, this was basically saying a Hello

The Agitated Hellerphant

Reaction score
Hey mate welcome. Enjoy your Mac. I'm in Melbourne as well. What's your band called?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey There

First post on these forums, and it won't really offer that much, but just wanted to say I'm glad I switched

Working at a company that uses Windows PC for the whole organisation, I didn't think having a mac would fit in with my work and life together. I was so wrong! I love my mac, it fits in with my hobbies much better than a PC laptop (I'm in a touring band, and I also make short films) and I can even do all my work on it (we use Citrix at work, and I find it runs better on my Mac than my PC Laptop)

Basically my friends think I've turned to the dark side, but I think in a few years Mac will seriously be a HUGE contender!

Well I'm sure they are in the states, but here in Australia, I'm the only person I know in my group that has one, they aren't very prominant with home users, but I feel this will change in the next few years

Anyways, I hopefully will be able to contribute to this site in the future, this was basically saying a Hello

The Agitated Hellerphant

Welcome and congrats. BTW, if you need any help with Citrix on your Mac, feel free to PM me. I work as a network admin at a company that is heavily Citrix-centric and have quite a bit of experience with it.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesomely Cool! Thanks for the welcome!

My band is called The Broadway Heist. We are taking some time off for a few months as our guitarist is finishing his year 12 but then we will be back on the road playing some shows!

Yeah I am sure I will enjoy my new toy :)

Reaction score
Welcome and I use citrix too and funny you mention that it runs faster on mac. It totally does. I thought I was just imagining things at first lol.

Awesomely Cool! Thanks for the welcome!

My band is called The Broadway Heist. We are taking some time off for a few months as our guitarist is finishing his year 12 but then we will be back on the road playing some shows!

Yeah I am sure I will enjoy my new toy :)

I might have to PM you because the IT guys @ my work don't really know citrix that well. :eek:

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh I am so excited

See a few weeks ago before deciding to switch I bought a second hand iBook, pretty old but still runs like a dream and played around and fell in love with everything Mac. So I bought a Macbook, which arrives TOMORROW! Man I won't be able to sleep tonight lol :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Oh I am so excited

See a few weeks ago before deciding to switch I bought a second hand iBook, pretty old but still runs like a dream and played around and fell in love with everything Mac. So I bought a Macbook, which arrives TOMORROW! Man I won't be able to sleep tonight lol :)

lol Wow, congrats!! I know how you feel, I couldn't sleep the night before I got my mac either. :D That's the worst part!

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol Wow, congrats!! I know how you feel, I couldn't sleep the night before I got my mac either. :D That's the worst part!

LOL It's crazy. It should be here around lunch time, which means I'm going to get someone to deliver it to my work :D I love the iBook I have now, but just doesn't offer enough grunt, so can't wait to get on my new toy :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
welcome.

macs arent everywhere here in the UK either but i hope/rekon they will be in a few years time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.