i'm getting tired of all these small dumb things

K

klumick

ok, over the past month there has been a line of varying colors flashing across my screen at random times, in the exact same spot, i wasn't very worried about it, thought it was something little that would sort itself out, well it isn't, its back and staying here, theres a constant white line or any other color, sometimes 2 tiny white lines right next to eachother, i have pictrures to show you

DVC01359.JPG

Attachments

• DVC01358.JPG
    DVC01358.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 42
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
That's not going to fix itself, if you're still under warranty, get it fixed by apple.

I don't know the technical terms, but LCD screens bend crystals with electricity, and from the looks of it, the thingy that zaps the crystals in that area is broken.

I could be completely wrong though :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
You simply have a bad trace to the LCD column. What does that mean? It means you have to have the screen completely replaced.

OP
M

Matt

I had a white line through my screen ALL I HAD TO DO WAS CLEAN MY SCREEN! Seriously, and then, it just went away when I booted it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.