• Welcome to Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.
  • Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

If you have an iPod do you 'need' a Shuffle?

J

jessica

Just curious....If you have an iPod do you 'need' a Shuffle?
What would you use it for? Music, data, page holder?

Just curious is all.

iWhat

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I never had any justified reason to purchase an iPod shuffle. I just bought it for the cool factor. As I'm sure many other Apple fans did. I also have an iPod, and an iPod mini. The one benefit that I have found to having more than one is, if I lose one in my house, I grab another one. It's silly, but I do find a way to use all of them.

J

jessica

lmao iwhat that is way too funny....scary...but way funny!

iWhat

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I knew some would find it interesting to say the least. :eek:

M

Maxie

I got a shuffle because of the cool factor. I really didn't think I would use it too much.
My ipod is now in my car and I take the shuffle everywhere.

E

EvoMac

I have a 20gb ipod but thinking about getting a 1gb shuffle. I bring my ipod to work with me as well as in the car, but when I goto the gym, its a little bulky. Shuffle will come in handy then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
I love the apple products but to me the shuffle seems like such a stupid idea other than the price...

schweb

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I just bought a shuffle this weekend specifically for the purpose of using it during exercise. As itloser mentioned, the regular iPod is a bit bulky for that.

J

Jason

I may get one to work out with. That and the thumb-drive second function.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16" • iPhone 11 • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 21.5
schweb said:
specifically for the purpose of using it during exercise. As itloser mentioned, the regular iPod is a bit bulky for that.
Exactly the same story for me. I also use it as a flash drive, often to move idvd files from my Mac to my PC, where my DVD writer is.

Maybe this should be in one of the upcoming FAQs-- this question keeps appearing about once every 14 days or so. :)

Murlyn

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I purchased my shuffle to work out with since my iPod is a bit bulky for that. Plus I plan to use it while swimming as soon as they come out with a waterproof case.. and I definitely do not want to do that with my regular iPod.. just way too bulky!