Can't Find Files on iDrive Backup?

Reaction score
I was using Carbonite online backup but had some issues. Just changed to iDrive. I want to backup my Calendar and Notes. If they are being backed up on iDrive I cannot find those files on their backup. I talked to their tech people but they have not been any help. How can I be sure iDrive is backing up my Calendar and Notes?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only way to be sure that any data you submit to be backed up is to see if it can be downloaded (restored) again. In other words, if you can't find the files you backed up to the iDrive server, then they either did not get backed up or you didn't look in the right place.

If their tech support is no help and you're absolutely sure you backed up your Calendar and Notes files but can not retrieve them or find them, then I would certainly consider using another off site backup service.

Some advice: Do not rely on any off site backup service as your only means of restoring your data. Redundancy is good when it comes to backups, but having backups on hand such as made with Time Machine and/or Carbon Copy Cloner is better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.