iDevices timeout connecting to local network server

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Mac Book Pro iPhone 5s iPad Mini
I have an iPhone 4S and an iPad Mini, both of which are connected to my home wireless network. I can browse the internet just fine. However recently I have become unable to connect to an internally hosted web server. Both devices look like they are going to connect then eventually timeout. An Android Tablet and an Android Phone both connect just fine as do several other computers including my MacBook Pro while also attached to the same wireless network. I have no idea where to begin to determine why neither device will connect to the local web server? Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
How do you connect to your webserver on your iDevices?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Via Safari and Wifi which worked for a long time, and still works for other websites on a different physical server on the same network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you tried alternative browsers or file manager apps?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did attempt many other methods all of which worked. What will not work is accessing one particular website on one particular server. My eventual work around was to revert my wireless router to single band even though cross-band communication was enabled. Apparently Apple devices don't connect quite the same way to dual band routers as other devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.