• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ideas For PC Gift For My Grandmother

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
My grandmother is taking my 650mhz HP Omnibook when my Mac arrives. It has 512mb RAM, Windows 2000NT, and an 8x NEC DVD-RW. I am trying to figure out what would be a neat accessory to throw in, as her birthday is coming up soon. She is new to the computer, never really seen her play around with them before. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've found that older people like webcams. So maybe you can toss in a Logitech webcam or something. That way she can take pics of herself or whatever and easily email them to friends/family.

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Just picked up this:

soxmouse.jpg

Its a Red Sox USB mouse (even though I'm a die hard Yankees fan). I figure the big buttons will be easy to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
That is so cute!! Nice choice but I was also thinking that she might like to play some games if you don't already have some cool ones on there for her. Grandma's love games (well, most do anyway). :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Get her Zuma Deluxe... Every 40+ year old woman I know, like my mom, my buddy's grandmother/aunts/etc play that game like they're addicted to crack!

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
That is so cute!! Nice choice but I was also thinking that she might like to play some games if you don't already have some cool ones on there for her. Grandma's love games (well, most do anyway). :D

She loves that Sodoku puzzle game thing. I'm not smart enough to figure it out. That and something to organize recipies with...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.