Ideal specs for emulation ps2/gamecube on bootcamp

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

i hesitate between 2 models of Macbook to use PCSX2 (windows version) via bootcamp: 2 models of 2015 the MBA i7 11inch (2.2 ghz) ant the MBP 13inch i5 (2.7 ghz).

My preference goes to the MBA because of the portability, lightness,etc..

In emulation is there a big gap between the two models? (because of the processor, overheating problems etc..)

Many thanks for your help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure I can answer your question completely, however, the machine with the better (faster) graphics processor is probably what you're looking for. The 11" MBA uses an Intel HD 6000 GPU while the MBP 13" uses an Intel Iris 6100 GPU. The MBP 13" has the better GPU and will provide a faster frame rate for gaming.

You really should do a "hands on" with both machines to get a feel for which one you're comfortable with. My personal opinion is that the 11" MBA is not a good gaming platform primarily because of screen size. As far as overheating goes, that's a non factor for both machines. Mac notebook computers like all notebook computers get warm when put to heavy graphics work but they do not overheat. However, it's always a good idea to purchase Apple Care (extended warranty) when you buy any high quality notebook computer.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you fro yor advices!
i'm agree with you about the MBA 11 , the compacity ans the smallest scree size are important factors for the choice of the "pefect (for me)" machine.
I thought too the purchasing of apple care is a good thing to do.
i read somewhere that the apple machines are built to support overheating (because of the materials)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.