• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

ID.me

Reaction score
Has anyone has used this? I can't get the site to verify my documents, can't create an account, can't get a response from customer service, can't use the site the requires ID.me.

Any comments at all are welcome.

Thanks. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
It worked for me. I don't remember what I did, but I don't remember any trauma getting registered there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Worked for me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

OP
M
Reaction score
I took a iPhone picture of my i.d. and uploaded it. The error message I got was that the software couldn't see or read the photo on the i.d. Then, I had them send me a text with a link and took a picture of my i.d. that way. Same result. Then, I tried a different photo i.d. Same result.

1) Your picture on your photo i.d. ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LEGIBLE. It's got all sorts of embossing, and embedded whatever, so it can't be counterfeited. But I guess I'm wrong because it works for everyone. Just not me.

2) What do I do? Keep making new cell phone pictures and hope that one (back and front) will upload?

Thanks. :)

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Is this a global service or just for the USA?

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm going to start from scratch and try to upload the docs again. If this is a system that establishes "verification" by matching a photo i.d. with a selfie, then I'm in big trouble because I don't look like my photo i.d. any more.

OP
M
Reaction score
I just got through with my phone interview with ID.me. With any luck, they will confirm my account.

I cannot believe that we are acceding to this kind of data collection. It seems like the exact thing that we should not be doing (i.e., putting all of our identity-specific information in one place and in the hands of a for-profit company). Has anyone considered that what we, in fact, need is a thoroughgoing decentralization of data in order to defeat hackers?

I'm really fuming about this. But I guess we're stuck with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.