Icon appeared on desktop

Reaction score
Running OS 12.6.6 on an iMac. An icon appeared on my desktop. Get info says it's "void(0);.inetloc", It looks like Graphic Converter, which I have in the Dock, but is not turned on and hasn't been for weeks. Anybody know what I should do with this?

OP
A
Reaction score
Running OS 12.6.6 on an iMac. An icon appeared on my desktop. Get info says it's "void(0);.inetloc", It looks like Graphic Converter, which I have in the Dock, but is not turned on and hasn't been for weeks. Anybody know what I should do with this?
Hey! There's fireworks going off on this page!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MacBook Pro 16/1000 GB Sonoma ; 2017 Intel MacBook Air 8/256 GB Monterey
Hey! There's fireworks going off on this page!
Go to Your Account -> Preferences and tick the box ‘Disable holiday styling’ if you don’t want to see them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Was there a different icon there before this on appeared?

If nothing was there previously, you may have accidentally clicked in your browsers address bar, and dragged the address to your desktop. I do that occasionally.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
To "support" Alan B's post, the following links explain what he is suggesting, I think.

I can't vouch for the solution, but it's well worth a try.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
To "support" Alan B's post, the following links explain what he is suggesting, I think.
No, Alan B is referencing the Mac-Forums website and the Fireworks that are going off all over the pages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MacBook Pro 16/1000 GB Sonoma ; 2017 Intel MacBook Air 8/256 GB Monterey
No, Alan B is referencing the Mac-Forums website and the Fireworks that are going off all over the pages.
Yes that’s correct. As a Brit I’m more interested in fireworks on the 5th of November and the New Year 😏

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thanks, Bob.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.