iCloud vs Dropbox vs OneDrive

Reaction score
I am a photographer and I'm taking a 3 week trip through Italy soon. It would not be unusual for me to take 5000+ photos. For the first time, I'm leaving my MacBookPro at home and taking my iPad (4th generation). I have 108GB left of iPad storage but I don't want to leave my photos on the iPad in case something happens to it. I've been researching iCloud and Dropbox but can't figure out which one would be the better choice. I'm also going to be writing articles along the way but I work in Word. Neither seems to accept Word docs. I also have OneDrive on my iPad - it seems to accept photos and docs - but I've never used it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If it were me, I'd use OneDrive as it offers more storage than the other two and it has seamless integration with MS Word on the iPad. Especially since you're taking lots of photos, the extra storage space and excellent integration with the best (a personal belief and by no means objective) word processor available for iOS make it an excellent combination.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks, Vansmith -

That's how I've been feeling, too. I've just never used a PC product. Started with Apple in 1980 and have never quit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.