[iCloud] Transfer Content From Google/Dropbox

Reaction score
I'm a heavy OS X and iOS user as my list of products may suggest. Logically, I use iCloud to sync content between my devices. However, In addition to using iCloud, I also use Google Services and Dropbox.

Since iOS 8 has been released and OS X Yosemite is right around the corner, I figured it would be a good thing to migrate everything from my Google/Dropbox accounts to take advantage of the new iCloud and Continuity features. If anyone could tell me how to move Mail (From Gmail) Photos (From Google+) and Documents (From Google Drive and Dropbox) to iCloud, it would make my life so much easier. Thanks.

Last edited:
C

chas_m

For the gmail, simply add your GMail account to Mail, and then sync it with iCloud. Voila!

For the Photos, there might be something simpler but I would just copy the photos to iPhoto (or Aperture, or Photos when it arrives next year), and sync them with iCloud. Voila!

Documents: I'm not familiar with Google Drive, but if it operates anything like Dropbox, then there is already a local "sync folder" probably in your User (Home) account. Copy those to an alias of ~/Library/Mobile Documents and voila!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.