iCloud issue - Repeated System Preferences Msg "Update Apple ID Settings"

Reaction score
This problem occurs on my MAC.

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, mid 2015), and am running macOS Hi Sierra V 10.13.3. Memory is 16GB, 1600 MHz DDR3.

I "think" this problem surfaced after my last mac version update, but am not sure.

Every time I open my mac I get a pop-up msg "Update Apple ID Settings" Some account services will not be available until you sign in again.

When I attempt to follow the directions and "sign in" again, I am just thrown into the same loop with the same "sign in" msg over and over again.

When I try to sign out of iCloud, I cannot. I get the following message: "Your iCloud account couldn't be removed at this time. Turn off all iCloud services and ty again. However, I cannot turn off "find my Mac" I get the following message: "There was a problem removing this Mac from your account.
Try turning Find My Mac off again. Repeated "trys" do not help.

Removing iCloud from my other devices, iPhone and iPad is not a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to tell us if you have 2FA turned on. (Two Factor Authentication) It sounds like you have not verified your account which is why the Apple ID message is popping up. Unless you get that straightened out, you're only going to make matters worse by removing iCloud.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.