iCloud Email

Reaction score
Purchased a new MacBook Pro 6 months ago and new iPad Air 2 two months ago. My wife and I share both devices and have separate POP email accounts with a local provider. We've discovered that it's a real pain to manage the email accounts across devices and applications. So we're ready to activate mail in the cloud, but have questions before we do. We don't want to change our addresses, so are thinking we will forward our email to our cloud addresses. Can we both have separate cloud email accounts under our one Apple ID? Does cloud allow for multiple mail folders (i.e., inbox, sent, trash, spam, etc)? If we send email from the cloud account, which email address is used as the sender address, the cloud address or our existing ISP POP address? I suspect I'll have more questions, but that's a start. Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

A couple of things. If you want to automatically sync an email account across multiple devices, you should use IMAP to access it from every device. This will ensure that actions on one device are mirrored on the rest.

Second, each Apple ID will have a single iCloud email address and as such you likely don't want to forward your mail from different accounts here..

Since the iPad doesn't support multiple profiles, you can setup both of your mail accounts through IMAP and do the same on the MBP. That'll likely get you the closest to what you are trying to achieve..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.