Ibook update?

A

arkman_1411

Hi, I am really anxious to buy an ibook but I would really like to get one with 64 megs. of video ram. Does anyone know if they will be updating the ibook in this way between now and next January?

Thanks

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I don't want to sound rude, but...

No one knows. The only ones who would know are people from Apple. And they would get fired if they told...

Out of curiosity, what do you need the 64 megs of video RAM for?

OP
M

MoltenLava

Yeah, why do you need 64MB of video ram?

BTW, if they were going to announce new iMac in Paris this fall, I have a hunch they'll also announce new iBook. These two models are the last ones from the previous polycarbonate case design paradigm. It's about time they are phased out.

Personally I like the older design (iBook, Cube, iMac) better than the new aluminum case (G5, PowerBook), but it's just me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Check www.macrumors.com for update cycle predictions, but my guess is they'll update them in november..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.