iBook screenshots

K

klumick

Hey guys, whats goin on. I need to know how to take a screen shot in osx panther, it would really help.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

there is 2 ways

A) you can go under your applications folder and open the utilites folder and select the application Grab. when grab is running up in the apple menu it will show you your different types of "Grabs" you can do (ie full window, selection ...)

B) the method i suggest is get a program called Print Window, which is really good if you want to print a certain window and its directories. you can get the app at http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6465

OP
R

Ray

And then?

xtrawidth said:
Command-shift-3?

You should follow that up with a "and then".

Do a Command-Shift-3 (you will hear a camera noise)

And then ... Open up Preview, and click File > New From Clipboard

Now you can save it from Preview as a PICT file, or a more preferred web-friendly format like a JPG.

-Ray

OP
L

lzasitko

screen grab

Ray said:
You should follow that up with a "and then".

Do a Command-Shift-3 (you will hear a camera noise)

And then ... Open up Preview, and click File > New From Clipboard

Now you can save it from Preview as a PICT file, or a more preferred web-friendly format like a JPG.

-Ray

I have OSX 10.2.8 and cmd|shift|3 does make the camera sound (loke a shutter) but mine creates a pdf on the desktop. I do have Acrobat installed. If I open preview the open 'new from clipboard' is ghosted. Any way to disable the pdf? I would rather open it in preview and save to a more common format.

Larry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.