iBook RAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
This may have been discussed beforfe but from what I searched I couldnt find it. I know on Apples website they only sell 512MB RAM as the highest available. I was wandering if you could put a 1GB stick in because i saw these available on a website.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
nope maximum amount of ram in the G4 iBooks is 640 mb's of PC2100 DDR266 200-pin SO-DIMMS

K

kjellquist

I don't think that is true...I think a 1G RAM module just became available...it's pricey though. Just call before you order and have them confirm 100% you can add this to your iBook and then call apple to make sure it will not mess with the warranty.

B

Bluecrabby

Memory

When I went to upgrade my RAM that 1GB chip had just been released and at first I was all into it, but a little research later had me convinced that the company was a bit fishy. So I went with the 512MB chip, and never looked back. That chip has been out for about six months now, and apple still hasn't updated it's site to allow the extra RAM, and in all the time it's been out, I have yet to see a iBook with a 1GB stick in it.

L

lzasitko

ram

Bluecrabby said:
When I went to upgrade my RAM that 1GB chip had just been released and at first I was all into it, but a little research later had me convinced that the company was a bit fishy. So I went with the 512MB chip, and never looked back. That chip has been out for about six months now, and apple still hasn't updated it's site to allow the extra RAM, and in all the time it's been out, I have yet to see a iBook with a 1GB stick in it.

Apple is always conservative with the maximum ram. I have a Graphite Clamshell with a 512 meg card in it where Apple says that max is 256 meg. It works fine and an Apple dealer put it in for me, so far not one problem.

Larry Zasitko

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.