• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

ibook processors

Reaction score
Is there a noticable difference between a 1.2GHz and 1.33 Ibook processor?

What is a fair price to pay for the following:
4 month old ibook in mint condition
512 mb of ram
32 meg vid
1.2ghz processor
12" tft screen
60 gb hard drive
no bluetooth

basically I know this guy in town that is selling his ibook but I'm not sure what its worth. I probably won't have warranty on it as I don't think apple's warranty is transferable.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you won't see a huge difference between the 2 speeds, if any at all, the biggest difference will be seen with multiple apps open, which the ram amount will affect performance in that aspect. basically, either of those , a 1.2 or 1.33 ghx with 512 mb of ram, there will be very little or no difference, if you upgraded the ram on one, even the 1.2, it would out perform the 1.33ghz.

D3v1L80Y

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
stevescivic said:
Is there a noticable difference between a 1.2GHz and 1.33 Ibook processor?

What is a fair price to pay for the following:
4 month old ibook in mint condition
512 mb of ram
32 meg vid
1.2ghz processor
12" tft screen
60 gb hard drive
no bluetooth

basically I know this guy in town that is selling his ibook but I'm not sure what its worth. I probably won't have warranty on it as I don't think apple's warranty is transferable.

Thanks
If he purchased AppleCare, that IS transferrable. I think that the standard warranty is as well. A fair price for that would be around $800 to $900. He may sell it for less, who knows. And as far as the speed difference...you probably won't notice much between those two processors in an iBook. Now if you are looking at a 1.2 iBook compared to a 1.33 PowerBook, then yeah, the difference would be noticeable. The PowerBooks have a faster bus speed, so that coupled with a faster proc would be something you would definitely notice in some apps.