iBook G3 800mhz equiv today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs
Simple really, where in the line up would the iBook G3 800mhz have been if released today?
would it be the equiv of the 2.1, 2.4 or blackbook.

I only ask because my insurance co have no knowledge of Macs and want to know the equivalent model in order to replace mine.
simple to say blackbook, but they may check up, then they wouldn't pay!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your insurance company will probably base replacing your iBook G3 on cost. How much did it cost when new? They may also take into consideration its age and use. And... less any deductible your policy may have. :[

Better insurance here: http://www.safeware.com/

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs
no, my insurance policy is new for old, so for instance if my G3 was middle of the range in 03 I would get whatever macbook is now middle of the range.

hence trying to find where it was in the line up back then

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Depends on when you bought it. Did it have a combo drive? If so then the 2.4ghz white macbook would be the equivalent. If it had a cd-rom, then the low end 2.1ghz.

http://www.apple-history.com/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.