I went to buy a 13"

Reaction score
at Best Buy today and guess what? They are sold out. Go figure. I have been agonizing as to which size MBP to get and then I finally commit to find out I can't buy it. Hahahaha. As the World Turns.
Now back to the drawing board. I have to have a new computer within the next 2 weeks and I doubt the revision will be out. It will force me to get a 15", which I can not afford at the moment.
I am not a fan of buying things like this online and do not care for my local Apple store.

J

Jdizzle

Hang in there bro!

The new revised Macbooks will be out March 16th! My grandpa works for Apple (not the apple store but the headquarters in Cupertino CA) and they will be out. They will have the intel i5 processor in the MBP 13". I would wait!

Reaction score
Hang in there bro!

The new revised Macbooks will be out March 16th! My grandpa works for Apple (not the apple store but the headquarters in Cupertino CA) and they will be out. They will have the intel i5 processor in the MBP 13". I would wait!

Shame on you, really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Hang in there bro!

If this is true.... I hope your grandfather still has a job tomorrow!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.8GHz, iPhone 3GS
have any military friends? they have lots on military bases and its tax free =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Why don't you just buy online? They fly it out to you really fast. I'm sure you'd have it before best buy gets more stock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
I don't trust best buy after I bought my last mac there. I bought an ibook 5 years ago from them got home and opened the box and it was an ibook g3 inside, instead of an ibook g4. it was all scratched up and was reset to default. I brought it back to best buy and they accused me of doing the swap and kept my money and the laptop. It took almost 2 months fighting with them to get the product I originally paid for. Lesson learned. I've never bought anything from them since.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"
I would do whatever it takes to wait. It's a known fact that the current version is really old. Apple normally refreshes the MBP's about every 200 days, and its been over 250 days. So being this late, I would expect to see them anytime.
Why buy a really old C2D processor model, when you can have the latest Core i model which has all kinds of enhancements, built specifically for laptops. Plus the moment the new ones come out the value of the old one collapses. That's usually not a problem unless it gets stolen or ruined. Then you've lost big.

OP
F
Reaction score
I would do whatever it takes to wait. It's a known fact that the current version is really old. Apple normally refreshes the MBP's about every 200 days, and its been over 250 days. So being this late, I would expect to see them anytime.
Why buy a really old C2D processor model, when you can have the latest Core i model which has all kinds of enhancements, built specifically for laptops. Plus the moment the new ones come out the value of the old one collapses. That's usually not a problem unless it gets stolen or ruined. Then you've lost big.

I see every point you've made. One question though. How is Apple's reputation with new technology? is it safe to assume that there could be problems with the new update if any at all? The older technology is tried and true.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Are you really asking about Apple's reputation with new technology?
I think this would be a good time for you to be doing some googling, if you don't already know the answer to that!

Reaction score
I agree I been to Best buy 2 weeks ago to buy a macbook. I get it, the LCD was bad out of the box. On top of that I did not get no power supply with it! I brought it back, and they had to take my drivers license cause they thought I was trying to rip them off or something.
Got a a replacement... heard a POP sound, and did not turn on. Brought it back and did not get a replacement. I am waiting for my refund check since I paid cash for it.

I hope JDIZZLE is right and the macbook is coming out on March 16th. If you google Macbook Pro, there are several news articles stating a likely release in the March quarter. Regardless it is not a matter of if, but when.

OP
F
Reaction score
Are you really asking about Apple's reputation with new technology?
I think this would be a good time for you to be doing some googling, if you don't already know the answer to that!

Yes I am asking since I am fairly new to Apple. To think any company is not prone to problems is just crazy. Example. Look at Toyota. Any company at any time can have faulty equipment with new technology and equipment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Other than going from my exerience, and all those that I have known using Macs of the years, yet alone with Apple's service and their standing behind the quality of their machines... check out
Mac History - 25 Years Apple Macintosh ? Facts, Tales and Stories about Apple and the Mac ? collected and written by Christoph Dernbach
Macintosh History: 1984 to Present
and then you can also find many articles like
8 reasons why a Mac is better than a PC News - PC Advisor

overall, I say that it's all in the user experience, and sure, every now and then even the best of the best in any industry will occasionally have a lemon, but in the computing industry, the quality has been mile stones above the rest, and no one is as quick or eager to remedy any glitch, to ensure the the users's experience post sale is nothing but a good experience as much as Apple has shown to be.

OP
F
Reaction score
Other than going from my exerience, and all those that I have known using Macs of the years, yet alone with Apple's service and their standing behind the quality of their machines... check out
Mac History - 25 Years Apple Macintosh ? Facts, Tales and Stories about Apple and the Mac ? collected and written by Christoph Dernbach
Macintosh History: 1984 to Present
and then you can also find many articles like
8 reasons why a Mac is better than a PC News - PC Advisor

overall, I say that it's all in the user experience, and sure, every now and then even the best of the best in any industry will occasionally have a lemon, but in the computing industry, the quality has been mile stones above the rest, and no one is as quick or eager to remedy any glitch, to ensure the the users's experience post sale is nothing but a good experience as much as Apple has shown to be.

Well that is excellent news then. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see every point you've made. One question though. How is Apple's reputation with new technology? is it safe to assume that there could be problems with the new update if any at all? The older technology is tried and true.
Apple has a rather unique group of followers that will give them high marks and buy whatever Apple puts it's logo on. As a result the "ratings" are a bit biased in favor of Apple even when they screw up. An excellent example are all the poor people who used their hard earned money to buy a new iMac, only to have monitors that are giving them a lot of problems, and Apple does very little.

Cult of Mac, a very Mac biased web site is one of the few reporting the truth about the class action Lawsuit. Apple is using their typical tactics which is to hide from it and remain silent.

As much as I like Apple and their products I'm more of a realist and cannot condone their arrogant stance on many issues. They do tend to take the position of being so "special" and that's just not the case. They are excellent most of the time, but they are very big on profit taking and holding a hard line on the high prices they charge. Claiming a superior premium product is fine as long as that is what one receives. But when they do not, and Apple leaves them high and dry, then I come out on the side of the consumer, not some company that is so cash rich on the backs of the loyal customers they have.

"source"
Class-Action Lawsuit Over iMac Display Problems | Cult of Mac

OP
F
Reaction score
Apple has a rather unique group of followers that will give them high marks and buy whatever Apple puts it's logo on. As a result the "ratings" are a bit biased in favor of Apple even when they screw up. An excellent example are all the poor people who used their hard earned money to buy a new iMac, only to have monitors that are giving them a lot of problems, and Apple does very little.

Cult of Mac, a very Mac biased web site is one of the few reporting the truth about the class action Lawsuit. Apple is using their typical tactics which is to hide from it and remain silent.

As much as I like Apple and their products I'm more of a realist and cannot condone their arrogant stance on many issues. They do tend to take the position of being so "special" and that's just not the case. They are excellent most of the time, but they are very big on profit taking and holding a hard line on the high prices they charge. Claiming a superior premium product is fine as long as that is what one receives. But when they do not, and Apple leaves them high and dry, then I come out on the side of the consumer, not some company that is so cash rich on the backs of the loyal customers they have.

"source"
Class-Action Lawsuit Over iMac Display Problems | Cult of Mac
This is a total contradiction of what 6string is saying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I am asking since I am fairly new to Apple. To think any company is not prone to problems is just crazy. Example. Look at Toyota. Any company at any time can have faulty equipment with new technology and equipment.
Very well said! I could not agree more.
You are taking the smart approach.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.