I want to buy a Palm Treo 750, how Mac-friendly is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Not very

Since palm started putting MObile windows on them then mac support effectively ended.

OLd symbiam Treos were supported but the mac software for them has not been updated since 2004

If you reallt want one then the Missing Stync for Windows mobile will let you sync the two, bit that is a paid for 3rd part app

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Hi, I have a Treo 650 and have no trouble at all syncing through a Mac, using the latest Mac version software from Palm.com
So if you get one with Palm OS rather than Windows Mobile you should have no problems. I have found that Palm is much more stable than Windows in my experience of both.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
the 750 is windows mobile only as far as I can see, the 755 is palm os

Reaction score
I have a Palm Centro and have no trouble syncing but I have to use Missing Sync.

Reaction score
ok i have a question to throw in there too... how well if at all does the treo hold to tethering with a mac..(meaning using the treo as a usb modem) since it is 3g t shouldnt bee all that bad. i wasn't able to ever get it t setup correctly with my pc but will aquire one again if it will work with my mbp...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Yes, tinman, my Treo 650 works very well as a modem with my iBook (running Tiger), using USBModem - http://www.mobile-stream.com/usbmodem.html - which apparently works on all Treo phones whether they be Palm or Windows OS.
I can only get EDGE speeds but I think that is my slightly older phone that limits this.

Hope this helps

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have a used Palm Treo 700P with all of the accessories if you are interested. It's my old phone and I 'm not using it. It's for Verizon though, so that may be an issue for you. PM me if you are interested.

As for Mac friendly, it was all right. It got better when I bought The Missing Sync software, but it was never perfect.

Reaction score
wow well ok..im gonna have to find some type of happy medium between a cell phone with its high monthly rates, and a internet card. but i cant afford both. so hmmm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.