• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I think Walter is an Evil-Death-Robot-Dog

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
What do you think? Is this little itty bitty witto puppy gonna turn on me?

Normally his eyes are deep brown/black. But using Sony's evil-death-robot-dog-detector-flash we can see this dog is really a machine. Look at those robot eyes!!

DSC05074.jpg

DSC05573.jpg

DSC05075.jpg

DSC05547.jpg

DSC05530.jpg

DSC05067.jpg

When the glow goes past the pupils, its just too darn funny. Check out the 2nd and last pics haha!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM

Normally his eyes are deep brown/black. But using Sony's evil-death-robot-dog-detector-flash we can see this dog is really a machine. Look at those robot eyes!!

DSC05074.jpg

DSC05573.jpg

DSC05075.jpg

DSC05547.jpg

DSC05530.jpg

DSC05067.jpg

When the glow goes past the pupils, its just too darn funny. Check out the 2nd and last pics haha!

These are really funny.

Reaction score

DSC05074.jpg

DSC05573.jpg

DSC05075.jpg

DSC05547.jpg

DSC05530.jpg

DSC05067.jpg

lol ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
My god walter has the same face a Kuma. This picture doesn't show to great, but man they could almost be related.
433645333_77eba144fd.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
It is funny!
From the chest down she looks like my old dog, from the jaw up she looks like my old dog, as for that neck!!! Is he part giraffe? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
What a cute dog! He looks like a right little character, bet he is loads of fun!

OP
giulio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks like Kuma is a purebread. Walter is from the North Shore Animal League (kill shelter). So we don't know what the other bread in him is, but think it's some kind of terrior. Aside from that he is very much a lab. Swimming, loving, temperment, everything.

He does have a long neck, but he is just large in general. At least 90 lbs. I'm trying to find the video of him playing with the garden hose...

Reaction score
Looks like Kuma is a purebread. Walter is from the North Shore Animal League (kill shelter). So we don't know what the other bread in him is, but think it's some kind of terrior. Aside from that he is very much a lab. Swimming, loving, temperment, everything.

He does have a long neck, but he is just large in general. At least 90 lbs. I'm trying to find the video of him playing with the garden hose...
I'll have to find some pictures of my old dog, Inka, to upload. She was half lab and half Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Same chest markings, great nature. She was 17 when she went :(

OP
giulio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, oops.

Tell me you meant no-kill shelter.

haha... i was confused about the term. So I figured "kill shelter" meaning "sheltered from killing". Like a 'rain umbrella'.
It's a place that 'rescues dogs and cats from pounds where they would eventually be killed'. So I guess that does make NSAL a no-kill shelter.

Fluffer, its almost odd but, mose lab mixes have a white chest. Kinda weird huh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tell me you meant no-kill shelter.

There are very few no-kill shelters around here.
When it is not mentioned as no-kill or low-kill, they will keep the animals for a few weeks. A low-kill would be a few months and no-kill would be when animals will remain forever even if they are not adoptable.
I adopted one of our dogs from a low-kill shelter, so he was still there after a couple of months of stay, before we got him.
We adopted our other dog from the Internet, but she was kept at a lady's house, whom did not want the dog, but kept it until she found a home.
I like to suggest to go online and search for animals to adopt.
We adopted both of our dogs that way. And, for people who would only like pure breeds, there are so many pure breed dogs available that you would not believe. Just type for e.g. "male boxer" and you will have hours of reading and photos to sort out.

And, please do not buy animals from petshops. We did our first dog, and it was a traumatic experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Woof. Woof. Woof.

OP
giulio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Walter was two hours away from being taken on a mobile adoption unit! Got him just in time, just by chance. aawww it was meant to be... PUKE! haha
=)

Reaction score
Awww, my Inka was a rescue dog. She was dumped into a dustbin at 12 weeks old with her brother and sister because she wasn't a fully Staffie I suppose. The Staffordshire Bull Terrer rescue society took her in and I 'adopted' her from then at 13 weeks. My little pup now is a Jack Russell and was bought from a local farm, proper farm not puppy farm! She has short legs, is brindle and still has her full tail so wouldn't be recognised by the Kennel Club, stumpy little thing she is!

You can't buy puppies/kittens from pet shops over here johntalin but there are a lot of dodgy breeders who run puppy farms etc. Awful practise. If you're after a pedigree then you ALWAYS ask to see the mother or both parents if possible. But animal shelters/rescue societies are the way to go, I had 17 years with the best dog you could ever imagine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awww, my Inka was a rescue dog. She was dumped into a dustbin at 12 weeks old with her brother and sister because she wasn't a fully Staffie I suppose. The Staffordshire Bull Terrer rescue society took her in and I 'adopted' her from then at 13 weeks. My little pup now is a Jack Russell and was bought from a local farm, proper farm not puppy farm! She has short legs, is brindle and still has her full tail so wouldn't be recognised by the Kennel Club, stumpy little thing she is!

You can't buy puppies/kittens from pet shops over here johntalin but there are a lot of dodgy breeders who run puppy farms etc. Awful practise. If you're after a pedigree then you ALWAYS ask to see the mother or both parents if possible. But animal shelters/rescue societies are the way to go, I had 17 years with the best dog you could ever imagine.

We had a dog named Lady (I posted her on Let's See Your Pets) and we had her from a pup to 17 years and 3 mos. We bought her from a pet store and she got sick within the first week. If we did not buy her that week, they would have put her to sleep, because she cost $350 in vet bills to get better. The best part was, because of the warranty you get with any purchase, the pet shop had to reimburse us for all the expenses.
So, she was meant to be with us. I hate it when they told us that it was OK, they would replace the puppy for us if she died. That was a very long and teary week until she started to get better.

Reaction score
Wow johntalin, she was lucky to have you :)
I actually read a story last week about a Pets At Home store here in the UK. A small girl had set her heart on a rabbit in the shop. An assistant overheard and told her that this particular rabbit had bad teeth which would need clipping every 6 weeks or total removal. The girl was adamant that she wanted THIS rabbit so the assistant said she'd have a word with the manager about vet's fees. They bought it, took it to the vet for a tooth extraction, went back to Pets At Home who fully paid the £70 vet bill. It's nice to know that some stores love the animals they work with.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
And, please do not buy animals from petshops. We did our first dog, and it was a traumatic experience.

that's not a hard and fast rule anymore. while a lot of little mall pet shops and such do use questionable means of breeding/distributing their animals, there are some places like petsmart who work with local no-kill shelters to "showcase" some of the animals (mostly cats as far as i've seen) to a broader audience than they would have at a shelter. they also host adoption days where the shelter people come and sit with a few more adoptables and information, etc.

from what i've seen it is very easy to see if a pet shop is hosting for a shelter vs buying mill animals.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.