I Think I Lost Allll My Music! Please Help!

Reaction score
OK so a little while ago I was messing around with this "iPod notes" program, and when I had to choose a folder to sync the notes too I chose "iTunes", it said something like it was going to overwrite what was already in there, but I thought it meant the notes that were already in there. Then when I tried to play a song in iTunes, it said the original file couldn't be found. It's saying that about ALL my songs now!

THE MUSIC HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE DOESN'T IT???????!!!!!!!!!!
HELP!!!!! When I look up the names of songs in spotlight, nothing comes up!!!!! I remember a few months ago I saw that there were copies of ALL my songs in some other folder, but I deleted it because it was taking up a ridiculous amount of space.

If worst comes to worst, I have all my music on my iPod and I can download a program to get everything back in my iTunes, but I really don't want to have to do that.

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you might just need that 3rd Party app ....

Senuti.

I have a complete backup of all my files .... it's not worth the pain.

OP
D
Reaction score
I have so much music, and I'm always getting more. So I never backed up everything. I just figured everything's on my iPod if worst comes to worst...
:(

OP
D
Reaction score
it's crazy how pushing ONE thing can erase ALL THAT MUSIC!!!!!
I'm trying to restore it right now...

OP
D
Reaction score
OK now it's telling me there isn't enough room on "macintosh hd" to copy all the files, but i have like 6 GB left on my harddrive, but it won't let me press ok OR cancel when the thingy pops up, so I guess I'm screwed...

Reaction score
I have so much music, and I'm always getting more. So I never backed up everything. I just figured everything's on my iPod if worst comes to worst...
:(

Thats a back-up, so at least you are prepared. You might be able to delete some stuff off your hard drive to make space. Empty your trash too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.