I switched to MAC

Reaction score
hi guys, im new here, just switch from PC to MAC yesterday and i got a lot of questions.

first of, is there really no input for an external microphone? because i record my guitar directly to mic.

next, i cant here myself when i talk to the internal mic. is that normal? my guess is not because for some reason, i heard my voice when i talked then again nothing. when i go to the sound setting at the system preference, i can see the bar moving when i talk, but still cant here myself. im using a headphones BTW but unplugged, still nothing. it records though.

is there an alternative for garageband? i use adobe at my windows. garageband is easy but not as user friendly as adobe. i mean, i cant even move the track at my desired exact time track. the track moves at a constant time. i mean by block

do you guys get me? hope you guys get me. please i need help. or i might end up disliking mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Well you just need one that will have a plug in that fits the audio input jack on the side, next to the usb port2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
have u calibrated ur internal mic? and i suggest buying a cable like the Monster iStudioLink cable....its easy and works great for my bass

OP
P
Reaction score
^^ how do you calibrate? iv searched for it but nothing about microphone or audio devices are shown.

iv installed the ableton. once iv open it, it comes to an error stating that my microphone only have 2 input something and 0 output something. i think it means that once you input a sound to the mic, it will not output it. how can i fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
GarageBand is a music editing software right? Try Audacity. It's good, and I use it on Windows. I haven't tried it on Mac yet but there is a Mac version. I suppose it's as good! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
You won't get your voice played back from the microphone unless you're running software to do it. You can see the VU meter in System Preferences, but that's not relaying the sound to the speakers.

OP
P
Reaction score
^^ yeah i just found that out awhile ago. i used garageband then i turned the monitoring on. then iv got it. i now love my mac and garageband even more. i never thought garageband has built in digital FX for guitar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.