• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I respect Bill Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Tarnished company reputation? In that case, people should have never bought back into apple after the self destructive things they've done in the past.

I was around way before Al Gore ever invented the internet....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
i think baggss believes Bill Gates is the antichrist! ;)

yes, Bill/Microsoft has done some questionable and illegal things in their life and business dealings, but they both have done some extremely good things, both in business and in life. the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is doing far more good for the world than most people realize. not every single thing that MS or Bill Gates does is evil incarnate.

i have met Bill at a fundraiser and i found him to be companionable and friendly and extremely intelligent. (BTW- i didn't see any fangs or horns growing out his head either! :) )

+1

It really sounds as if he's going to burst an anuerysm if he doesn't proclaim to the world that Bill Gates is the Devil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Tarnished company reputation? In that case, people should have never bought back into apple after the self destructive things they've done in the past.

I was around way before Al Gore ever invented the internet....

I don't disagree with you there. The only people Apple screwed was themselves and their customers. MS screwed a whole industry....

+1

It really sounds as if he's going to burst an anuerysm if he doesn't proclaim to the world that Bill Gates is the Devil

I don't think Billy is the Anti-Christ, I just can't believe that people are foolish enough to have the wool pulled over their eyes....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
Once again, everyone wants to believe that giving gobs of money he could never actually spend away to charity makes up for past wrongs. At this point we are arguing in circles and it is apparent some of you have not bothered to read the whole thread, maybe you should.

In the end, all the money in the world can't buy your way into heaven and giving gobs of money to charity doesn't make up for all wrong you've done. Bill is actively trying to distance himself from the activities that got him that money. The only ones being fooled are the ones who want to be fooled, the rest of us are not buying it.

all i can picture is Gill Gates, illuminated from underneath, wringing his hands and laughing malevolently at the world. in fact, this makes him sound like he could of been a Nazi who evaded the trials at Nuremberg and is now building schools for Jewish children.

as corny and wrong as my last statement sounds, that is similar to what i am hearing from some people here. OK, you don't like him but he is not some monster. he didn't sit up late at night plotting how to screw everyone out of their computer OS choices. he founded a company that has turned into a giant and has made him and several thousand others fabulously wealthy.

now he wishes to do something with his share of the money, and i applaud him for it. there are plenty of others out there who have much to spare but spare or share none of it. Bill doesn't have to do this. he wants to. so instead of believing in the altruism of his Foundation, some just want to think they know him so well and that he is trying to cleanse his soul by buying his way out of public and/or eternal jeopardy.

come on, who has the wool pulled over their eyes here. :(

PS- the "rest of us" that believe (at least somewhat) in Bill Gates outnumber those who do not. :eek:neye: i guess i'm not jaded enough to not have a little faith in people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry baggss, i have enough experience and wisdom from this world to earn my right to disagree with you and your opinion. :blind:

and if you don't have any faith, i feel very sorry for you. :eek:neye:

PS- go get some sugar in you, it should make you a bit less negative! :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry baggss, i have enough experience and wisdom from this world to earn my right to disagree with you and your opinion. :blind:

and if you don't have any faith, i feel very sorry for you. :eek:neye:

PS- go get some sugar in you, it should make you a bit less negative! :yinyang:

I have lots of faith, but I have learned to be a realist when it's called for. Don't need sugar and I'm not a negative person, in fact I am generally upbeat about life as whole. I just have a low tolerance for stupidity, no offense intended there so please don't take that the wrong way, I am not implying or saying you are stupid in any way, shape or form.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none taken baggss, none taken.

i respect your opinion, i just don't agree with it.

stu·pid·i·ty (stū-pĭd'ĭ-tē, styū-) pronunciation
n., pl. -ties.

1. The quality or condition of being stupid.
2. A stupid act, remark, or idea.

i too dislike what i perceive to be obvious stupidity, both in ideas, writing and life. but i also cannot ignore that it is my perception most of the time on something i believe to be or have an opinion on. (like politics) therefore i must be careful what i call stupid, dumb, ignorant or naive. i might be wrong just as much as i might be right. ignorant is calling the kettle black; stupid is doing it twice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm good with that....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
And on that note, this thread is done.
:black:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.