• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I remember when.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Someone call the Waaaaaaambulance....

Yukyuk.

I am done with this thread, as there is nothing more infuriating than someone who disregards entire posts. You are acting like a 6 year old.

EDIT: Told you Cass...it is totally pointless : P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Okay, this started as a light-hearted thread reminiscing about days gone by.
I am giving it a total of one post past mine to get back on topic and stop the bickering, or it gets locked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Threads like this are the reason people leave forums.. can we just all chill a bit please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Why explain? If you are really interested, I will explain. However, considering past threads, explanations and elaborations are generally ignored in favor of simply writing the person off for one reason or another.
I am interested. Trust me, there are too many mindless fights in my middle school that could easily be avoided by clarification.

And to get the thread back on topic, I may not be as old as some of you, but I do remember when gas was aound $1.90 in the early ninties...I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Blast that dastardly inflation!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Most importantly, I tend to be very defensive of my generation and the world I live in. As I said before, the "good ol' days" references are pitiful and annoying. Many of the issues listed on your chain email are very relevant today. I happen to feel very strongly against them and will voice my opinion on them. If you can not except them, fine. My comments were not directed toward you...

It doesn't sound like it IS "fine." Is it vital to your existence to try to convert people of opposing viewpoints to your own? It's very noble of you to defend the world in which you live, but it does happen to be the world "we live in." ;)

I think every era had/has something good about it, something redeeming. Why take it that personally if someone else thinks "the good ol' days" were better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.