I ordered an iBook for 999 but just realized...

A

andrewjc

they had a student discount and it would have only been 899, do you think if i call they would give a price adjustment? its already shipped ( ordered last night, shipped tonight ) has anyone made this mistake before?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Well, hurry up and call Apple back. Surely, they can reimburse you some of that money that should have deceased the price of your iBook. It would not hurt to try and can them back. What do you have to lose?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
andrewjc said:
I have the number to call the sales department but it closed at 10pm central ( its 10:37 central, i think? )

Note: Moved reply to this thread, instead of another other to make things easier. :)

I'm sure that Apple will reimburse you. Just wait until tomorrow to call and make sure to have all your information in front of you that you received, when you purchased the iBook.

OP
A

andrewjc

well i realized it wasn't 10pm central time yet ( i was thinking eastern because i just moved here from philadelphia ) and called, all i have to do is fax a copy of my student ID to the lady and she'll make the adjustment :] hoo-rah!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, that's good. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow, I didn't think they would have done that - kudos to apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, its great to know apples there for their customers.

OP
R

Robbob91

I think the one you ordered for $999 will be the one for $949 on the education store page. The one for $899 doen't come with Airport built in, and has a CD-Rom instead of a combo drive. Trust me for the extra $50 you will want the Combo and the Airport built in.

Rob

Reaction score
cheaper just to order from a place like macmall bc u don't have to pay tax.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.