• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I need ONE screw for the bottom of a Mid-2015 MBP

Reaction score
Amazon will sell me two complete sets for a relatively small amount but I only need a single screw!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
And what? I need one screw. Where can i get it?
Please describe the name of the screw, its purpose (for what use?), and post a pic - and curious what the price was on Amazon for a 'package', I assume. Dave

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
And what? I need one screw. Where can i get it?
More than likely...a shop that will sell you a single screw...will charge a lot for it...plus shipping will cost you more than the single screw is worth.

* I see the bottom case screws you need for $6.99 on Amazon (free shipping with Prime).
* I also checked eBay. Several seller's there selling a set of 10 bottom case screws for a 2015 MacBook Pro for $1.89 (free shipping).

The eBay deal also appears to come with 4 new rubber "feet"...and the pentalobe screw driver you need (if you didn't have one already).

Looks like the eBay would be the better way to go.:)

HTH,

Nick

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
* I see the bottom case screws you need for $6.99 on Amazon (free shipping with Prime).
* I also checked eBay. Several seller's there selling a set of 10 bottom case screws for a 2015 MacBook Pro for $1.89 (free shipping).

The eBay deal also appears to come with 4 new rubber "feet"...and the pentalobe screw driver you need (if you didn't have one already).

Looks like the eBay would be the better way to go.:)
Thanks. I have the screw driver. I used it to replace one screw that was falling out which is when i discovered one was already gone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Thanks. I have the screw driver. I used it to replace one screw that was falling out which is when i discovered one was already gone.
If they are falling out, the threads may well be stripped and a new screw won't help. But if you want to try, either of the options alread offered would work. Personally, I'd go Amazon because if the threads are badly worn and not fully stripped, any screw that goes in will work it's way out and a pack of 8-10 might be very handy later on.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Secondary to what Jake said above there would be no harm in having a second pentalobe screw driver either, I'd definitely go for the Amazon offer.👍🏻

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have the screw driver. I used it to replace one screw that was falling out which is when i discovered one was already gone.

Lots of options already provided for you but another alternative is to check any local computer repair stores and see if they have the screw size you need, or even any of the recycle places if they allow you to salvage parts. Most are pretty standard metric threads and all you have to be concerned about is the length and not to use one that is too long that could do some damage to the motherboard or something.

- Patrick
=======

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Both the Amazon & eBay deals contain multiple screws. The eBay deal includes 10 screws...the Amazon deal includes 2 sets (20 screws). eBay deal is $1.89...Amazon Deal is $6.99.

Seemed that OP needs just 1 screw...and was looking to spend as little as possible. eBay deal seems to meet the lower price requirement..and comes with 10 screws (more than OP needs).:)

Nick

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
Both the Amazon & eBay deals contain multiple screws. The eBay deal includes 10 screws...the Amazon deal includes 2 sets (20 screws). eBay deal is $1.89...Amazon Deal is $6.99.

Seemed that OP needs just 1 screw...and was looking to spend as little as possible. eBay deal seems to meet the lower price requirement..and comes with 10 screws (more than OP needs).:)

Nick
Ordered. $2.01 including tax.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good deal...congrats.

Good thing also is...if you decide to get a newer MacBook Air (up to the November 2020 M1 MacBook Air)...still uses the same bottom case screws.:)

Nick

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
The package arrived and the first screw I tried fit perfectly. I now have nine backups plus four foot pads should I ever need them.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats. $2.01 definitely a "doable" amount for peace of mind. Extra screws can always come in handy.:)

p.s. Just imagine...if someone on Mac-Forums needed one of those screws (and you sent it to them)...it would cost $.66 cents for 1st class US postage. Lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
it would cost $.66 cents for 1st class US postage. Lol

😅 I was thinking a similar thing previously that if I was to have mailed a single screw to the OP from one of my dead Mac books, just the postage alone would have cost far more than what he eventually got a full set plus pads for. Plus I guess it might even have had to pass through Canada/US Customs and maybe even a brokerage place. Talk about getting screwed for a small item... 😉

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.