I need help with time machine...thanks

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I am having a problem with time machine. My friend told me about.I used it and it said
time machine needs to delete these files to run it said delete "untitled" i clicked yes
I think that was my windows drive

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

If you attached a Windows formatted external drive to your Mac and ran Time Machine and it wanted to use that drive, and you gave it permission, then yes, it reformatted the drive and wrote to it. Whatever was on the drive is now gone.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes but it wasnt external it was like in the mac i dont know im not geeky but when i go to system prefrenses then startup disk its not there is there anothe way i can check if i still have it and it wont let me redo bootcamp thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Doesn't matter whether it was external or internal. If you gave TM permission to write to the drive, that's exactly what it did. You'll need to reinstall OS X from your install DVD.

OP
D
Reaction score
Can you just tell me what i need to do to get it back its really important i need all that data i use it for work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.