• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I need a summer job!

Reaction score
What up guys. I'm in need of a fun summer job. I'm curious, what summer/part time jobs have you had/have? I want to do something unique instead of working at a burger joint of a clothes retail store or something equally pointless. Give me some suggestions! Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hi there

today i have applied for 2 summer jobs where i live

one in a pub
the other in a cafe/harvest store/natural store.

just send letters/contact ppl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I worked at a Hello Kitty boutique for 2 years and after that I worked for Bank of America as a teller. I was only with them 7 months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
What up guys. I'm in need of a fun summer job. I'm curious, what summer/part time jobs have you had/have? I want to do something unique instead of working at a burger joint of a clothes retail store or something equally pointless. Give me some suggestions! Thanks.

Children Shelter? Usually have to be 21 though.

Reaction score
Get a job at an arcade, thats where I worked when I was in high school. Not that unique, but also not that boring.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Since i started working my freshman year of high school my summer jobs have been
Lifeguard
Camp Counselor/Lifeguard
Caddy
Camp Counselor again
Intern at Comedy Central
Programmer at a law firm
And last summer and this summer I'm in charge of an IT department at a medium sized insurance company

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
My part-time jobs in order:

- Toy store salesperson (3-4 yrs)
- Processing orders for a media & electronics warehouse retailer
- Apple retailer salesperson
- Junior Marketing & Sales assistant at a software company

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i need a summer job too. there is a mushroom factory near by, but i really don't want to work there due to the nasty smell :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Well, before I began my nearly two year tenure with RadioShack, my cousin and me worked a summer landscaping job for a guy who was obsessed with his lawn. We got paid cash, so we were actually able to keep our entire income there. It wasn't very exciting since we had to work ten hour days in the heat and sun on his huge property, but this guy was enough to make the job interesting. Every day before we went home, he'd like to lecture us about some aspect of life. None of his lectures are appropriate enough for me to mention here or anywhere, but it was funny to hear an old man talk about the stuff he talked about. So if you want a fun job, find a crazy old guy to landscape for because you'll never be disappointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Ive never had a summer job but Id probably go for something out doorsy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac G3 450MHZ 512 RAM DVD
Work down the mines, I'm sure none of your friends will think of it

If you die due to lack of oxygen or some other kind of excuse, its your fault

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
i worked as head chef of a catering business later summer/fall. It was fun and I got paid in cash. I would hate to work in a kitchen at a restaurant though. i am looking for a summer job too. I have applied to best buy, circuit city, and radioshack. It is looking like i will work at an Italian restaurant as a bus boy or maybe a server or food runner, not a cook hopefully.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Being a cook is the best part of working at a restaurant. Get hungry, just grab food.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've been working pretty much constantly since I was 13. My summer jobs in order:

corn de-tasseling (every some town boy does this in Indiana I think)
Christmas tree trimming (13 yrs old wielding a huge machete :) )
Military school dining hall.
Hotel housekeeping
Hotel front desk day/night shift

Jobs while in school:
High school - student center/lounge in the high school
College - copy shop, catering (free food :) )

I would say the best part time job I had was my catering job in college. I got a lot of free food, that was actually food (read: not fast food), flexible hours, and I got to pick when I worked by signing up for jobs instead of being told when to work. Plus I didn't have to do any real food preparing or cleaning, just put the plate down and pick it up for the most part. If you have this kind of work where you are, I would recommend it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.