I need a little Airport Express help please...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Ok... I have 2 airport express units.... I have previously had them set-up to play iTunes (AirTunes) wirelessly from my iMac over the speakers installed in the speakers built-in to my upstairs ceiling... as well as through the speakers in my Home Entertainment system downstairs. I have named the 2 Airport Express units "UP" and "Down" (yeah.. I know "real original":D)

Everything worked perfectly... and then....

Stopped working....

The weird thing is, I have reset them both.... all seems to go well... I conect them to the 2 stereos... the light on each unit is GREEN... indicating they are set-up... but.. NADA....

Someone please help me. :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Not knowing anything about airport express units, I'll make a guess or two at how to solve it.

Are you actually sending a signal to the AEUs? They might be up and running, but if you're not sending anything they're not going to be receiving.

What other wireless activity is happening in your area? Are you operating on the same channel as others nearby? Are they overpowering your signal?

Are you running any portable phones, specifcally 2.54GHz? Microwave?

Hope this helps!

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Just to help any future searchers... I figured it out...

I had originally thought it was Little Snitch blocking the signal/connection... I went in set itunes to "Any Connection"... Didn't help...

Well last night I couldn't get it out of my mind that Little Snitch just HAD to be the issue... My "Ah-Ha" moment was when I realized I need to check the Little Snitch setting regarding Airport Admin Utility, and a couple other Airport Apps that were listed... I set them to "Always Allow Any connect, on any port".... VIOLA!!! Working perfectly again!!! YES!!! Music Upstairs, music downstairs.. all without wires!!!! Yiiiiippppeeee! :D

<May some future generation be enlightened by this post ;P>

Also... Thank you Mathogre for trying to help me! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.