I-Mac Setup?

Reaction score
A friend of mine just got his new I-Mac and ask me to come over and help hem set it up. Can someone tell me what I need to know to setup an I-Mac before I go over? I have setup a lot of Windows PC's (Dell, HP, ect..) but never an I-MAC. The 1st power on, is there something that need to be full in? Any Info up front would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Plug in the keyboard to the back of the iMac, plug the mouse into an available USB port on the keyboard, plug in the power cord to the back of the mac and then the wall, and finally power on the iMac. That's it. Everything should be in the box and should take no more than 10 mins.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Sit back and watch how it "just works." :D

:flower: Let us know what you think about the process.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, OSX 10.5.6
Sit back and watch how it "just works." :D

:flower: Let us know what you think about the process.

I bought one yesterday and after being a windows user for the last 20 years I cannot understand why I waited - brilliant stuff.

Sipper

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
yh just plug the Keyboard, mouse and power in and let it 'just work' !

enjoy.

Reaction score
Unless you have wireless then you have nothing but the power to plug in ... i still find that strange!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.