I just found this site, andI'm wondering how it works?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I was searching for an alternative to MS Office and this site came up as one of the top searches (DDG).

https://allmacworld.com

They list a lot of software, all the premium stuff re: graphics, design, audio, 3D, Office, PDF, etc

Just looking for feedback from the more experienced members.

Reaction score
I was searching for an alternative to MS Office and this site came up as one of the top searches (DDG).

https://allmacworld.com

Well, let's see. It's a Web site that lists a lot of very expensive commercial software, and it offers you a free copy of all of them, all that you have to do is click on the provided links.

I have to say, that's just about the most suspicious looking Web site I've ever seen. :woah

My recommendation would be to stay FAR AWAY from that Web site. I can't imagine that anything good will come from it.

But if anyone is brave enough to give it a try, please let us know how things go.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you'll allow me to channel my grandfather for a moment, I think the phrase "Too much candy for a dime" is appropriate here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have to agree with Randy. That site has all the markings of piracy. Best to stay away from it.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have seen a scam like this, years ago, it's probably legit because what they make out of you fullfilling the seemingly simple conditions/qualifications far exceeds what you would pay by normal means.
It's a case of; if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably not true.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Have you tried iWork (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote)? It's free. I've also seen people recommend OpenOffice, I think. I personally have never looked beyond MS Office for Mac, as these apps have served me very well, so I can't really offer a review of these other alternatives.

As to the website, I would never download software from anywhere except the App Store or the developer's website.

Ramzi Galbi

Reaction score
I've been using the website using my old Retina MacBook (2012) for more than 3 years, everything seems good tho. I wanna use it in my M2 right now but still didn't find anyone who had bad experience with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 iMac 24" M1 512/16/8/8 Sonoma. 2013 iMac 20.5" 3.1 i7 16GB Catalina. iPhone 13
Have you tried iWork (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote)? It's free.
I was a long term user of Microsoft Office until earlier this year and dumped it in exchange for the Mac apps, Pages, Numbers etc.

All of the documents I had created with MS Office over the years opened happily with the relevant Mac apps, and were editable, but I found it was better to actually create new Mac ones to continue their efficient use.

I am now saving £59.99 a year. Works for me.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I checked the link out of curiosity a few minutes ago to see if any terms had changed. The link does not open for me but I'm using the beta of the next OS so that might be an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I've been using the website using my old Retina MacBook (2012) for more than 3 years, everything seems good tho. I wanna use it in my M2 right now but still didn't find anyone who had bad experience with it.

What particular website are you referring to exactly regarding anyone's experience???

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused with your question and don't understand completely what you are asking.

And welcome to mac-forums, but this thread is 2 1/4 years old and some of the links no longer exist.

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.