• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

I just found this site, andI'm wondering how it works?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 11 iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13, Late 2014 Mac Mini macOS 10.15
I was searching for an alternative to MS Office and this site came up as one of the top searches (DDG).

https://allmacworld.com

They list a lot of software, all the premium stuff re: graphics, design, audio, 3D, Office, PDF, etc

Just looking for feedback from the more experienced members.

Reaction score
I was searching for an alternative to MS Office and this site came up as one of the top searches (DDG).

https://allmacworld.com
Well, let's see. It's a Web site that lists a lot of very expensive commercial software, and it offers you a free copy of all of them, all that you have to do is click on the provided links.

I have to say, that's just about the most suspicious looking Web site I've ever seen. :woah

My recommendation would be to stay FAR AWAY from that Web site. I can't imagine that anything good will come from it.

But if anyone is brave enough to give it a try, please let us know how things go.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.15.5 beta
If you'll allow me to channel my grandfather for a moment, I think the phrase "Too much candy for a dime" is appropriate here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, Numerous iPods, Catalina
Have to agree with Randy. That site has all the markings of piracy. Best to stay away from it.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
I have seen a scam like this, years ago, it's probably legit because what they make out of you fullfilling the seemingly simple conditions/qualifications far exceeds what you would pay by normal means.
It's a case of; if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably not true.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Have you tried iWork (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote)? It's free. I've also seen people recommend OpenOffice, I think. I personally have never looked beyond MS Office for Mac, as these apps have served me very well, so I can't really offer a review of these other alternatives.

As to the website, I would never download software from anywhere except the App Store or the developer's website.