I just can't stand it anymore...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Hi Everyone!

I´m a 27 years old guy from Brazil, a windows-ever user, that is about to make the great switch.

I´m completely addicted to the whole mac thing. I'll be ordering my iMac 20" intel core 2 duo this week, but I´m getting sick thinking about how long I'll have to wait to put my hands on it! (as I´m in Brazil, and I'll be buying it in the USA, I´ll probably have it by April. :(

I found this forum today, and it´s really amazing! Great guys here really willing to help!

Well...that´s it guys...I´m so excited that I just had to drop some lines!

take care

M

MacHeadCase

Hey andrebnu! I welcomed you in another thread but heck! I can do it here too!

Welcome here and hope you stick around, man! :girl:

Edited to add:

You have to promise to post pictures of your iMac once you get it in your home!

OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
the 20"incher is a great machine. 24" is too big, 17" is too small. 20" is the sweetspot! it was also my first mac, other than that old '92 macintosh in my basement...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.0GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB hard drive
If I was to buy an iMac, that would be the one. Looks like a great machine, I hope you enjoy your purchase and your new-found computer life on Mac. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
The 20 inch iMac Intel is what my wife uses, and she loves it, enjoy it when it arrives.

OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh God, I'm going crazy!

After spending some hours today playing with a macbook pro of a friend of mine, I´ve changed my mind. I definitely want to go mobile!!

It´s so addictive that I imagine myself wanting to take the iMac everywhere LOL.

I´ll be ordering a macbook pro 15" 2,33GHZ, 2GB ram and 256MB video.

I also intend to buy (hopefully next year) a apple cinema display, so I can enjoy a great big screen while at home (and to edit my pics at photoshop) while having fun with my macbook while I´m not at home!

That´s it. LOL.

Hope it´s a great choice!

Wait for the pictures!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Man, are you hooked! You're preachin' to the choir here, we know exactly how you feel, but you express it very well. Glad you're having so much fun and are so pleased with your Mac experience. Come back here often, you're excitement is catching...and I can hardly wait for the pics.

Reaction score
Oh I remember that feeling. I was promised my iMac on my 18th Birthday and ordered weeks in advance. Since I didn't order a standard setup (I wanted English OS X with German Keyboard), they didn't ship it directly from the Netherlands, where Apple keeps Europe stock. They had to ship it fresh from China, which took about 3 weeks. Painful.

But guess what: It arrived on the morning of my 18th Birthday. The most painful part was having to wait till school ended until could play with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I remember how excited I was the day my PowerMac arrived. My first Mac ever. It was so beautifully packaged and so nicely presented I almost didn't want to take it out of the box - Apple makes the whole experience SO enjoyable!

Andrebnu, welcome to Mac Forums, and you have MUCH to look forward to! Enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Oh God, I'm going crazy!

After spending some hours today playing with a macbook pro of a friend of mine, I´ve changed my mind. I definitely want to go mobile!!

It´s so addictive that I imagine myself wanting to take the iMac everywhere LOL.

I´ll be ordering a macbook pro 15" 2,33GHZ, 2GB ram and 256MB video.

I also intend to buy (hopefully next year) a apple cinema display, so I can enjoy a great big screen while at home (and to edit my pics at photoshop) while having fun with my macbook while I´m not at home!

That´s it. LOL.

Hope it´s a great choice!

Wait for the pictures!!

Yep. Wife uses the 20 inch iMac Intel, and I use a MBP, either way you can't go wrong.

OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I did it!!

Today I placed the order for my Macbook Pro!!

In less than 20 days it must be here, shining and glowing.

lol

OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, that sucks a lot! That's because I live in Brazil, and I've ordered it from the US.

Reaction score
Gotcha. It's a long wait, but I'm sure it will be even sweeter when you get it.

I'm holding out for a couple of months before I make my purchase for a few reasons, but I've been sorely tempted to just head out to the Apple store and pick up a MBP a few times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Well, it will be worth the wait! Next, we'll be hearing how you are "in love." :D

OP
andrebnu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HEY GUYS!!!

my mbp has just arrived!!! 6 days after I've ordered it from the US! uhuuu!!!

Pictures will be posted as promised as soon as my 20" Samsung 206BW arrives, to fit my new setup :))

Cya

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
My White Macbook comes tomorrow (I assume since it is only an hour away in NJ as of 5pm today).

I might call out sick from work lol

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
good luck to both of you with your new macs!

i had the good fortune of having an apple store within a few minutes drive of home and work. i actually went on my lunch break one day. it was a painful 4-5 hours til i got off work to get it home to really play with it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.